Last updated July 2014
3. Use of Tracking Technologies. TouchCare and third parties on TouchCare’s behalf use various tracking technologies, including without limitation cookies, web beacons, tokens, web analytics and other clickstream data, to collect, store, analyze, use and disclose information from and about Users’ devices, Users’ activities on the TouchCare Services, and Users’ activities on the Internet, generally, in order to:
- offer a personalized experience when visiting the TouchCare Services and using the Internet, generally;
- deliver the products and services requested;
- manage User accounts and provide Users with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about the use of, or interest in, TouchCare products, services, or content, or products, services, or content offered by third parties;
- communicate by e-mail, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to Users, either from TouchCare or other third parties;
- track Users’ use of the TouchCare Services and advertisements;
- develop, deliver, and display targeted content and advertising on the TouchCare Services and other websites;
- measure the effectiveness of online advertising, content, programming or other activities;
- process payment for any purchases made on the TouchCare Services;
- protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions;
- perform functions as otherwise needed to manage TouchCare’s business; and
- perform functions as otherwise described to Users at the time of collection.
6. Third Party Websites. The TouchCare Services may contain third party advertising and links to third party websites. TouchCare is not responsible for the privacy practices or policies of these advertisers or websites. Please contact such advertisers or websites directly for more information about their privacy practices. TouchCare expressly disclaims, and each User expressly releases TouchCare from, any and all liability whatsoever for any controversies, claims, suits, injuries and/or damages, arising from and/or in any way related to third party advertisers and/or the use of links to third party websites that may appear on the TouchCare Services, including without limitation such websites’ availability, privacy policies, content, advertising, and/or products or other materials.
7. Security. The TouchCare Services use reasonable security measures in an attempt to keep User Information secure, including without limitation Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology for sensitive User Information such as financial information. However, no data transmitted over or accessible through the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, TouchCare does not represent or warrant that User Information will be completely secure from misappropriation by hackers or from other nefarious or criminal activities, or in the event of a failure of computer hardware, software, or a telecommunications network. Any User Information is provided at User’s own risk. TouchCare expressly disclaims any and all liability whatsoever for any controversies, claims, suits, injuries and/or damages, arising from and/or in any way related to any User Information, including without limitation to any acts by other Users or third parties with respect to such User Information.
9. Choices Available to Users. Users can choose not to provide certain User Information, but the failure to provide certain User Information may result in the User being unable to use certain features of the TouchCare Services, such as registration and use of teleconsultation services. Users can correct, delete inaccuracies, change or remove account information at any time by adjusting the User profile.
10. Electronic Communications from TouchCare. By using the TouchCare Services, Users consent to TouchCare and/or third parties acting on behalf of TouchCare sending to User electronic messages relating to the TouchCare Services and the business of TouchCare. Users may choose whether to receive communications from TouchCare or third parties with which TouchCare has a commercial relationship by adjusting the User profile. Users who need assistance opting out of communications can contact TouchCare at firstname.lastname@example.org. Users will be given the opportunity, in any commercial e-mail sent by TouchCare, to opt-out of receiving such communications in the future using the link at the bottom of the email, although Users may not opt-out of receiving administrative emails. It may take up to 10 days to process an opt-out request. Opting out of TouchCare communications will not automatically opt User out of third-party linked websites.
11. Public Forums. Any User Information disclosed in public areas of the TouchCare Services, such as message boards, becomes publicly-available information, and Users should exercise caution when deciding to disclose such User Information publicly. TouchCare expressly disclaims, and each User expressly releases TouchCare from, any and all liability whatsoever for any controversies, claims, suits, injuries and/or damages, arising from and/or in any way related to any User Information, including without limitation to any acts by Users with respect to such User Information. To request removal of User Information from TouchCare’s public areas, contact TouchCare at email@example.com. In some cases, TouchCare may not be able to remove User Information, in which case TouchCare will let User know if and why it is unable to do so.
12. Protection of Children’s Privacy. The TouchCare Services are not developed for or directed at children. Therefore, TouchCare does not intend to collect information from individuals under 18 years of age or who have not been legally emancipated. If it is discovered that TouchCare has inadvertently collected information from an individual not meeting these requirements, TouchCare will promptly take all reasonable measures to delete that data from databases and systems.
By mail: 208 Rigsbee Avenue, Durham, North Carolina 27701